I just noticed that it’s almost exactly a year ago that I first set up Developing Pictures and posted to this blog. So, to mark this momentous anniversary, I thought I’d just share a list of the 24 posts that I’ve written over the year – once a fortnight on average, which is not bad I reckon. I’m going to try and up this to once a week for year two, although some posts may have to be nearer to 500 words than a thousand if I’m going to achieve that (and those who know me will know just how much of a challenge that’s going to be!). Anyway, I hope some of what’s below is interesting and makes some kind of sense. Do let me know!
- Developing pictures 2016: my pick of some great ‘international development’ photos this year
- From Bekaa to Brighton: Syrian stories, UK aid
- A long walk to Langtang
- A thousand words on the photographs of Aylan Kurdi
- No more ‘flies in their eyes’: How do photos used by NGOs affect perceptions of global development?
- #saveourlibaries Action Against Hunger Action Contre la Faim Afghanistan Africa Amref archival images archives art awards Blog Action Day Care International Chris Steele-Perkins conflict copyright crisis development DFID digital imaging displaced people drought earthquakes ethics exhibitions exhibtions famine flooding floods food crisis Haiti history Horn of Africa humanitarian aid humanitarian emergencies humanitarianism human rights hunger interactives international development irrigation Japan Kenya landscape landscape photography libraries malaria MDGs media migration Millennium Development Goals multimedia news NGOs Pakistan photo agencies photo archives photo festivals photography photojournalism Photovoice refugees reviews sanitation savelibraries Save the Children social media Syria technology tsunami twitter UNHCR video water World Food Day World Press Photo
- Fighting Famine - good @WFP multimedia website on causes of food crises in South Sudan, Somalia, Nigeria and Yemen:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 56 minutes ago
- 'The refugees are like our brothers': Uganda's example to the world – in pictures theguardian.com/global-develop… 1 hour ago
- RT @pestononsunday: This morning we will be broadcasting the programme LIVE on @TwitterUK in 360 degrees from @Peston's desk. Watch from 10… 1 day ago